Last modified by: Kevin Zimmer -
Example: Active Employees by Department
This tutorial takes you through running of an Active Employees by Department report using the base custom report titled: Employee Details. This report will show you who and how many employees are working in each department. This tutorial starts from within the reports selection page. If you do not know how to get there see the tutorial on Creating a Custom Report.
1. press the tab titled Employee Details.
2. Press the submit button with the selected employee being All. Now the report will take a few moments to load. Once it is loaded press the button titled Layout to hide columns which are not needed in this report. Uncheck the columns listed below, then click OK.
Columns to uncheck:
Home Department Code
Federal TD 1
Provincial TD 1
3. Now we want to isolate the Active Employees only. To do this Click Filter. Then use the settings: Filter Column: Status, Comparison: =, and Value: Active. When this is done click Add.
Note that when using the = operator for the Comparison field, the value entered must exactly match (both spelling and format) the criteria you are looking for
4. Next we want to organize our report by department. Press Group then use the drop down to set Grouping Column to Home Department Name. Click Add.
5. Now we want to sort the employees in each department alphabetically. To do this press the Sort button and use the following settings: Data Column: Name, and Order Direction: Ascending. Then click Add.
6. To export the data to PDF Excel or CSV files press the respective button above the table.
7. Scroll down below your table. To save your report click the Save As button. The system will prompt you for a name. If this report is to be viewed by only the report creator check off Private Report.
Your report is now saved. Next time you go under the Reports tab of the main menu, your report will appear in the report listing table.