Last modified by: Kevin Zimmer -
How Do I Make Changes To The Shifts?
This is a pretty long article and a lot of this is covered in our Making Changes to Shifts section but there's some good stuff in here so read on!
A. How to change the hours worked by an employee.
1. Look at the column titled Approved Start and Approved End. We are going to click into the boxes with the time and make edits accordingly!
For instance let's say Laura Clark actually came in an hour early and left an hour late.
2. Click on the top time box under the Approved Start/Approved End column. This is the start time box.
3. Fill in the time that the employee started at. Then do the same for the end time box just below.
4. You might want to let the payroll person know why the actual Approved time is different than the scheduled time. You can use the blank here to leave that note!
You've changed the hours worked by an employee! Congrats!
B. What should I do if an employee doesn't show up for a shift?
1. Find the employee and the appropriate shift, then click on the drop down in the column called Attendance Reason Payroll Notes.
2. Look at the drop down menu and select the appropriate option (For example, Not Worked- Unpaid if someone just didn't show up, or Not Worked - Sick if someone gets paid sick time)
Whether an employee gets paid or unpaid sick time is up to your organization's rules. Call your supervisor if you have questions!
Once you have selected the appropriate option, you're done!
But shouldn't I change the Paid Hours?
Nope! There's no need because by selecting an Attendance reason (What you just did above) the system automatically knows how to deal with those hours, so you can just leave them alone and go on your way!
Any other changes you may want to make can be found here.