Last modified by: Alpinecrew -
How to enable Two Factor Authentication for my user ID
User access security can be enhanced in Inclusion System by using two-factor authentication (2FA) which sends a code to an authenticator app on the user's smart phone or tablet.
- If the user is already using an authenticator app, they can simply add Inclusion System's QR code to it.
- If the user does not yet use an authenticator app, they can download one from the App Store or Google Play Store on their smart phones or tablets. Examples of authenticator apps which are free to use are Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator or Authy.
- If phones or tablets are not accessible in the office space, a desktop authenticator can also be used such as Authy.
Accessing the Setup Screen
There are two ways for you to access the 2FA setup screen.
If 2FA is mandatory for your user level:
- On your next login, a prompt to setup 2FA will appear, click the Continue with 2FA setup button.
- If you accidentally hit SKIP during login, you can log back in or follow the steps below.
If 2FA is optional for your user level:
- Click the upside down triangle to the right of your name in the top right corner of the home screen. Select the 2FA Settings option.
1. Upon hitting one of the options above, you will be taken to a summary screen that shows what your organizations policy is and if an authenticator has been registered.
To register an authenticator, click Enable.
2. You will be taken to the configure screen which has step by step instructions on how to proceed.
Finalize the registration by clicking the Verify and Activate button.
*** Note that the QR code and keys displayed on your screen are for your user only. These codes should not be shared with others to prevent unauthorized access to your user.
3. A confirmation screen will appear with several recovery codes. Print, or copy and paste, these codes to assist you in recovering your account should you ever be locked out. Click Done and you will be taken back to the 2FA summary page.
Click the Return to Home link at the top left to return to the main screen.
Related: See How to log in with Two Factor Authentication