Last modified by: Kevin Zimmer -
How to set limits on accruals such as vacation and sick
You can set upper and lower limits on accruals, for example to prevent paying out too much vacation, by choosing a warning and error limit for the desired accrual policy.
What do they do?
- Warning: will list the employee and accrual policy, and the amount over or below the accrual in the payrun Errors/Warnings Report, but will allow you still process and approve the payrun.
- Error: will list the employee and accrual policy, and the amount over or below the accrual in the payrun Errors/Warnings Report, but will only allow you to process, but not approve the payrun. You can then adjust the amount on the input sheet to correct the value and bring it within the error limit.
How are they set up?
1. From the top menu choose Payroll
2. Click on Payroll Setup
3. Click on Accrual Policies
4. Select the accrual to apply a limit, for example Accrued Vacation Time
5. Enter the limit amounts and Save
The example above would warn when an employee's vacation accrual went to zero and would allow them to take up 8 hours not yet earned; beyond 8 hours it would prevent the payrun from being approved.